Eaton Lighting Systems is seeking a Commissioning Engineer to work as part of the Field Commissioning team. Commissioning lighting systems on high end domestic and large commercial sites, commissioning system to client or lighting designers’ requirements. The Commissioning engineer must have strong knowledge of electrical installations and must be electrically competent.
They will commission projects from initial application visit, through to completion, including commissioning training and handover. The ability to communicate commissioning terms to contractors and end users while maintaining good working relations and a professional company image is a crucial element of the role.
As well as demonstrating technical excellence, we are looking for a resourceful, enthusiastic individual that tackles challenges head-on and is able to work effectively both independently and in tandem with other members of the team. You will demonstrate individual initiative and innovation, good attention to detail and a drive to do what is needed to deliver results.
It would be desirable for the successful candidate to be an Electrical/Electronic engineer or Electrician and demonstrate the key skills required:
- To assist with all technical issues regarding Eaton systems
- Build good on site relationships with Contractors
- Carry out day work call outs as required
- Carry out on site maintenance visits on various systems
- Commission projects from start to completion
- Carry out application site visits, to familiarise Contractors on all aspects of the system to be installed
- Check all specification requirements, and program databases to comply with each site as required
- Responsible for all on site commissioning through to completion, on all types of Eaton Control Systems
- Deliver site training and demonstrate system operations to end users.
- Sign off Completion Certificates
- Ensure all engineers reports and completion certificates are loaded onto the server for invoicing
- Make sure all Backups are passed to Project Manager
- Must Hold Valid CSCS Card and/or JIB Grade Card if Qualified Electrician
- Good computer skills
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Good customer facing skills
- Ability to work under pressure without losing focus
- Good communication skills written and verbal
- Knowledge of wiring regulation 16th/17th Edition preferred
- Knowledge of lighting or dimming systems would be an advantage but not essential.
International travel may be required.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time