Eaton’s Hydraulic Group is currently seeking a Master Production Scheduler to join our team.
This position is based at our Forest City, NC facility.
This position will plan and organize the shop floor manufacturing schedule by analyzing multiple customer requirements and implementing production schedules to support delivery dates, meet customer requirements and maintain appropriate inventory levels. Performance assessed with metrics including, but not limited to, On Time Delivery, Inventory DOH, effective equipment utilization, and customer survey results.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Analyze customer requirements to determine the sequence in which to build product to maximize machinery utilization and minimize set-ups/changeovers.
- Establish a manufacturing schedule to meet customer requirements without exceeding current capacity levels (manpower and equipment).
- Make decisions to release, confirm, cancel, or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, capacity and material availability.
- Identify, negotiate, and resolve issues relating to material planning and capacity availability.
- Work with Domestic and International Aerospace, Vehicle Group, and Hydraulics customer service personnel to resolve end user concerns with order delivery.
- Monitor sales forecast (SIOP) to provide direction to the Supply Chain and Manufacturing Managers regarding capacity and manpower planning.
- Schedule engineering product samples to achieve timely production of developmental products.
- Prepare for and chairs weekly Demand Planning session for cross-functional group including but not limited to Supply Chain Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Materials Analyst, & Plant Manager (as necessary).
- Respond to Plant Manager and corporate representatives with accurate and timely information as needed regarding plant capacity, constraints, and product delivery.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compiles special reports as needed to assist in making educated decisions regarding the plant operating schedule and maximum asset utilization.
- Monitor production progress and adherence to developed machine schedules and elevates concerns and/or issues to Supply Chain and Manufacturing Managers as appropriate to maintain order completion according to planned schedules.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, internal and external customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner in potentially high stress situations
- Willing to assist and team with other functional areas as required to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide administrative support to Supply Chain Manager and Manufacturing Supervisors as requested (print production releases and hose specifications, etc.) and work on special projects as required to assist any functional area.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 2 years manufacturing scheduling experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Proven negotiation skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing
- PC Skills: High Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook
- APICS Certification
- Mfg Pro/ DSS knowledge
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico