Eaton’s Omaha Power Center has an immediate opening for an Electrical Tester on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Omaha, NE facility.
This position performs production testing on finished product assemblies (medium voltage electrical Switchgear) per national standards, contract specifications, and company procedures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Safely perform all test on Switchgear products
- Maintain accurate quality records to identify trends for corrective measures
- Understand and able to complete all documentation pertaining to the job: test design, material transfer, punch list
- Perform functional and operational tests to ensure wiring and assembly of the finished product matches the drawings and project specifications.
- Perform routine quality inspections on Switchgear during the assembly process.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences the phases of test operations in accordance with national technical standards, customer specifications, and company standards.
- Conduct testing of manufactured products and provides field installation, equipment modifications, and start up services as required.
- Confer with engineering and technical personnel to resolve testing problems such as product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data and data interpretation.
- Utilize computer software and hardware to conduct tests on electrical products and systems.
- May travel to customer sites for trouble shooting and repair (<10%).
- Flex working hours to accommodate production requirements. May include some evening and weekend work.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. *MSJA
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in an electrical field from an accredited institution OR minimum of 2 years’ experience testing or troubleshooting electrical equipment with a high school diploma /GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of (enter location) will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Experience working in the utility market or data center market
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience testing electrical equipment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time