Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Eaton’s Center for Intelligent Power (CIP) has an exciting and rewarding position of a Program Manager to initiate and lead innovation programs, develop business cases, lead customer relationships, present ideas and projects to Eaton business leaders and external customers. A unique blend of broad technical knowledge and strong business acumen is required to be successful in this position. This position is based in Dublin, Ireland.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the PMO Manager for CIP and will support Eaton research and development programs.
- Lead the execution of innovative data science and analytics-based programs applying breakthrough technologies for electrical, industrial, automotive, truck, and aerospace applications.
- Responsible for the successful execution of the Research & Technology programs within their scope, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural globally distributed teams.
- Provide support during program proposal efforts in determining WBS, level of effort, resource planning and cost.
- Ensure proprietary and customer provided controlled information is managed and protected as required.
- Initiate, lead and support global technology programs utilizing Eaton’s internal AgileStarts™ framework including Technology Reviews, and Project Reviews.
- Establish objectives and goals and provides direction to the project team members in areas of project execution, customer concerns, changes in scope and risk assessment. Communicates and manages customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Maintain and report applicable metrics for programs, e.g. quality, technical performance, and readiness levels (technology, commercial, manufacturing).
- Develop and coordinate communications channels with customers that will ensure the exchange of information relating to product characteristics, quality, delivery and service.
- Manage stakeholder relationships with Business Divisions and externally (Universities, National Labs, End Customers)
- Assist in developing technology/solution visions, compelling value propositions for key technologies, technology and product roadmaps to enable market commercialization.
- Manage and execute procurement processes for subcontractors, project materials and organization capital.
- Manage required Non-Disclosure Agreements with customers, vendors, partners.
Do you have?
- Master's degree in computer science, software engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, engineering or physics required.
- 5+ years Expert level Agile / SCRUM practitioner in information technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing projects and programs with multiple stakeholders and high degree of complexity, including components/subsystem/system scope of responsibility, high risk, and significant NRE budget.
- Experience managing multiple programs/projects simultaneously.
- Experience with data science, machine learning and AI hardware and software technologies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) license through Project Management Institute (PMI).
- 3+ years as an Agile leader evolving technical delivery organizations to an agile delivery methodology.
- Business acumen with proven record of formulating value proposition, engaging customers to identify their pains and gains, defining business models and creating intellectual property.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time