Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking Assembly Technician II- Shipping 3rd shift to join our team on 2nd and 3rd shift. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC. Note: This position is at the Maxwell Ave. facility.
The Assembly Technician II will Manage shipment process, freight and logistics for Low Voltage Busway group. Perform assembly, fit and modification work as required in the manufacture of low voltage indoor and outdoor assemblies. Identify and collect needed materials for kits, when required, and assemble and prepare for shipment. Timely execution of required tasks including, but not limited to assembly allocation of materials, inspection, testing and shipping. Box, pack and ship finished product and all raw materials, as appropriate.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Receive, pick, label, pack and prepare for shipment, all material and assemblies.
- Maintain minimum levels of Kanban inventory and report shortages to appropriate operators.
- Inspect all assemblies for loose or missing hardware and cleanliness.
- Respond to change notices, customer requested adjustments and development needs.
- Identify special or non-standard conditions and notify supervision.
- Request shipping releases using appropriate AMS transactions and maintain shipping records.
- Receive and stock incoming material and pick parts for assembly.
- Manage shipment process for final products shipped to external customers and prepare assemblies for shipment or storage, as appropriate.
- Maintain monthly Freight on Board (FOB) process.
- Schedule dedicated trucks for shipping and delivery while managing costs and logistics.
- Analyze premium freight to maintain accurate amounts of PF costs.
- Confirm customer orders in Vista system to ensure shipment credits are earned for the business.
- Pack, crate, and tape finished product according to instructions and prepare for shipping.
- Use material handling equipment to move product and supplies.
- Assist lower coded operators or perform tasks of lower coded positions
- Observe all safety and hygiene requirements as specified or directed. Maintain a clean orderly and safe workplace.
- All employees are expected to comply with the environment, health, and safety guidelines.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 2 year degree in manufacturing discipline
- 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Forklift experience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No