Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking Quality Technicians to join our team on 2nd and 3rd shift. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC. Note: This position is at the Maxwell Ave. facility.
The Quality Inspector will receive and issue raw materials, assemblies, sub-assemblies, tools and supplies. Perform a variety of specific and detailed (form, fit and function) inspection functions to ensure that incoming material meets the drawing, parts list, and /or material specification; reject non-conforming material to the supplier.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Use a variety of material handling equipment and hand tools to unload and load trucks arriving or leaving from receiving area and for placing material in the proper bin location or deliver material to work centers.
- Complete brush testing, hi-pot testing, and ping testing in epoxy
- Use hand tools to open crates, boxes, barrels and separate materials.
- Verify materials received against receivers and support them.
- Alert production planner and accounting department when discrepancies in orders occur. Reconcile errors and place correct receiver with material.
- Use computer to determine and support proper bin location before storing material. Record quantity and bin location on paperwork and return for posting.
- Issue material from bin locations and deliver to work stations as required on requisition or pick list.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of (enter location) will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Skilled at using a computer with prior experience using the Internet, Technical Systems Platforms, Main Frame Systems and Programs and Microsoft Office tools
- Prior experience using the Internet, AS 400,Microsoft Office tools and preferable WISPER.
- 2 years of Low Voltage Busway experience
- Prior experience working in a Quality role
- Prior experience working in an electrical manufacturing facility
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, measure parts, read digital and analog measuring devices, and calculate measurement variances against a specification
- Ability to effectively manage resources to evaluate and resolve difficult and complex quality or structural issues
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No