Eaton’s Power Quality division is currently seeking a Senior Validation Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Senior Validation Engineer is responsible for leading multi-disciplined product performance testing of new product design introductions. The selected candidate will analyze product requirements and plan/implement test program to meet project requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop project test plans to ensure product compliance to specifications, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Coordinate global test resources in support of project test plan.
- Conduct audits of testing performed at global test facilities.
- Implement test plans through both direct involvement and guidance of test technicians
- Review and approve test reports to ensure product compliance
- Ensure closure of product design issues & specification non-conformances along with subsequent corrective action.
- Provide feedback to project teams on test activities, open issues and project schedule.
- Publish formal test reports for both internal and external customers.
- Drive continuous improvement through development and implementation of best practices and test process improvements.
- Support sustaining engineering through failure analysis and issue resolution of customer/field issues.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Knowledge of product test methods including safety compliance, electrical, environmental and mechanical
Experience and knowledge working with electrical or facilities engineering
Experience and knowledge working with power electronics and power conversion systems
- Knowledge of test automation systems
Knowledge of C# development or other programming language
Practical knowledge of typical electronic measuring systems (oscilloscopes, multimeter, data logger, logic analyzer, etc.)
- Ability to use typical electronics measuring systems and applications such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, data-loggers, dielectric analyzers, etc.
- Ability to apply measurement uncertainty analysis and Gauge R&R methods
- Ability to demonstrate high proficiency with MS Office Applications including Word, Excel and MS Project
- Ability to demonstrate written and oral communications skills and be proficient in preparation of formal test procedures and reports.
- Ability to self-motivate, self-manage, be team-oriented and proactive, pays attention to detail, is task oriented, and is able to overcome obstacles to meet schedule requirements
- Ability to work with high level of safety awareness for both electrical shock hazard and voltage environment including demonstration of both critical attention to detail and safety standards, and attentiveness to sights and sounds
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Ability to demonstrate process management and figure out processes necessary to get things done
- Ability to demonstrate technical learning and can learn new skills, knowledge, industry, product or technical knowledge
- Ability to travel to facilities in North America and internationally if needed
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD DPQ Distributed Power Quality
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time