Eaton’s Hydraulics sector is currently seeking a Manufacturing Technician - Machining to join our third shift team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus! $1,000 will be paid out after 6 months of employment and another $1,000 after one year of employment with Eaton.
Work as a team with the primary purpose of maintaining a continuous flow of material through a manufacturing cell of a work area, as required to meet production demands. Promote continuous improvement to eliminate defects and improve the manufacturing process.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Process components for engineering work orders for new products.
- Run standard production in the absence of engineer work orders.
- Program and operate CNC machines. Perform necessary quality checks via CMM and other tools.
- Create operating instructions and documentation for new and existing components as well as documented backup of all machine programs including fixture and tool offsets. Maintain documented backup in a predetermined file system.
- Set up new and/or specialized tooling.
- Train other employees on new and existing equipment.
- Support plant lean, safety, quality, and continuous improvement efforts.
- Model the Eaton Leadership Model and comply with all other corporate, division, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Candidates must meet ONE of the following requirements:
- High school education, GED, or equivalent from an accredited institution AND 5+ years of experience in CNC machining
- Associate degree from an accredited institution AND 3+ years of experience in CNC machining
- Trade school certificate from an accredited institution AND 3+ years of experience in CNC machining
- Completion of 2 years towards an undergraduate degree in engineering AND 3+ years of experience in CNC machining
- Prior experience training other Operators. Selected candidates will be expected to train others in CNC operations
- Prior experience using: machine shop arithmetic, drawings, specifications, gaging and measuring equipment
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and blueprints
- Prior experience in machine set up, troubleshooting, and CNC programming
- Basic understanding of lean manufacturing principles including: 5S, set-up reduction, standardized work, error proofing (poke-yoke), preventative maintenance and pull systems
- Sustained physical demand with continuous handling of materials weighing up to 45 pounds (occasionally more with a team lift)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time