Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Plant Controller you will be responsible for the development and coordination of the plant´s profit plants, as well as leading and supervising the controlling team.
You will work within our world class Vehicle Team in our Nordhausen Site and will engage with the Plant Manager.
Your key deliverables :
• Develop and coordinate plant profit plans, monthly forecasts, goals & objectives, financial reconciliations, reports and analysis for plant management.
• Advice and counsel plant management on financial implications of operating strategies, cost control actions and decisions
• Review, analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy, consistency and transparency. Maintain integrity of financial reports prepared by the plant
• Interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and local statutory requirements
• Develop and implement budgeting and financial reporting systems to provide timely and relevant information to plant, region/division, and corporate management and cost control
• Control and maintain adequate product costing systems for valuation and cost estimating activities
• Ownership of account reconciliation process to maintain integrity of plant general ledger and its supporting sub-systems
• Establish, monitor and maintain a system of internal controls that safeguards company asset and provides for integrity and propriety of financial transactions and activities. Compliance with corporate policy, including SOX
• Evaluate and approve plant capital appropriation requests prior to region/division and corporate management approval. Monitor and report purchase commitments and spending for all capital programs
• Lead and supervise controlling team. Build organizational capability in finance function
• Ensure compliance with local GAAP, statutory and fiscal requirements, as required
• Lead ad hoc projects as required including appropriate ERP implementations and system upgrades, business development initiatives such as new business opportunities
• Master´s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business field or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of experience in controlling and financial analysis in a complex manufacturing and corporate environment
• Fluency in German and English
• Leadership experience, managerial courage
• Drive for results
• Sound working knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and local statutory requirements
• Technical capability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operational data/reports
• Understanding of global business issues, including foreign currency impacts, effective hedging protocols and local customs and duty requirements
What Eaton offers:
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time