Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor to join our ICI Operations team. This position is based at our Houston, TX facility (3413 N Sam Houston Parkway W.)
In this role, you will lead the manufacturing team in achieving production schedule, product quality, and employee safety goals in an Engineered-to-Order (ETO) environment. This role will have responsibility for Maintenance, Manufacturing and Quality Engineering functions. This role will also coordinate with all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements and drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. You will drive productivity and continuous improvement within the operational process up to the point of the shipment of finished goods to our customers across the globe. Utilizing a tool kit of Eaton Lean six-sigma, safety and project management related tools, you'll be driving cost-saving and productivity improvement projects. In this role, you'll have close partnership with the Operations Manager to provide front-line leadership to a team of hourly employees as required.
This role will have the opportunity for exposure with employees at all levels at the facility, from the technician on the shop floor, up to executive leadership within the division. A strong and visible presence on the shop floor is expected.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function, you will:
- Provide front-line leadership to a team of hourly technicians, ensuring safe and productive work practices. Team size is currently at 8, subject to change with business
- Set team goals, assign team members and administratively and technically direct the work of direct reports. Measure, communicate and improve group performance statistics and acting as an agent to support improvement activities that achieve established improvement goals.
- Oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly quarterly and yearly expectations. Lead the value stream in daily operations and continuous improvements which include but are not limited to: supply chain production control, establishing manufacturing priorities, coordination of activities with off-shift management and order shipments.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a lean organization.
- Promote a team environment and must develop direct reports through problem solving skill sets and cross training
- Assure that policies, procedures, and other documentation are followed to ensure consistent and compliant manufactured product
- Develop and implement standard work, daily accountability, manning strategies, process checks, and team training
- Develop operational procedures and manufacturing processes and production standards.
- Lead and drive division cost savings projects for the facility
- Represent manufacturing in new product launch projects and deliver all manufacturing engineering and quality function deliverables
- Ensure quality procedures are followed with every sales order in ETO environment
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing, distribution or operations environment is required
- Must reside within a 50-mile radius of the Houston, TX facility; no relocation benefit is provided
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an on-going basis without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Industrial Technology from an accredited institution
- 3 years of experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing, distribution or operations environment preferred
- SAP business system experiences a plus
- Experience in Electrical panel assemblies and / or field electrician work
- Previous operational or manufacturing experience in an Engineered-to-Order environment
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisor skill set a must including but not limited to developing individuals, coaching, mentoring and building a team environment
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Strong time management skill as well as oral and written communication skills
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of lean principles, manufacturing and distribution processes necessary
- Strong practical knowledge applicable to manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications a must
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time