Eaton is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for its Electrical Sector - Americas - Canada group. The Senior Financial Analyst position will be located in Burlington, Ontario, CANADA!
Responsible for providing proactive financial service to the Canadian business through innovative planning, analysis, consulting and reporting while maintaining effective control in accordance with GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and Eaton corporate policy.
- Provides accurate and timely financial analysis and reports to aid in profitably managing the business and makes recommendations to compensate for variances when detected.
- Completes and consolidates financial schedules and bridges to communicate consolidated actual and forecasted results as compared to plan and forecast targets.
- Provides accurate and timely account reconciliations and resolves variances in a timely manner.
- Reconciles sub-ledger systems to the general ledger utilizing advanced data analytics and tools.
- Participates in the development and communication of internal budgets and assists in the preparation of strategic and profit plans for the Canadian operations.
- Implements financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Eaton Financial policies, GAAP, local regulations and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Manages the accurate and efficient processing of transactions to the accounting systems and ensures compliance with federal and provincial sales tax regulations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- University Education from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to work in Canada without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within 880 KM radius of the work location will be considered
- Pursuing or in possession of professional designation (CPA-CMA, CGA, CA)
- Minimum 3 years experience in finance or accounting
- Knowledge of federal/provincial laws and regulations regarding taxes
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Account Principles (GAAP) Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- Proficient in MS office
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Experience in a manufacturing industry
- Ability to work with others in remote locations required – effective communication across distance.
- Ability to build relationships with key managers and provide timely, solid business advice are key success factors.
- Work environment is predominantly office however plant visits and involvement are needed in order to gain a full understanding of the business.
- Minimal travel (travel is mostly for inventory purposes/sales office visits).
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time