Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is currently seeking a Lead HR Generalist to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha, WI. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The primary responsibility of this highly visible Lead HR Generalist position will be to plan, develop, maintain and administer a variety of HR programs for the site including employment, wage and salary administration, employee communications, employee training and staff development, benefits and other related human resources activities.
Additional responsibilities include coordinating and monitoring activities to ensure compliance of programs with all applicable state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines as well as conforming with Eaton corporate human resources management policies and procedures. This position reports to site HR Manager.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Be a Strategic Partner to operations and functional groups who develops a strategy to retain and attract the required staffing levels to meet the business unit requirements.
- Participates in the recruiting and training processes.
- Establish effective communications to keep employees informed of policies, procedures, and events. Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of the site communications plan.
- Provide advanced coaching, consulting and facilitation skills to influence behavior and business decisions consistent with Eaton Leadership Model.
- Drive effective use of APEX throughout the year.
- Foster a culture where ownership of health and safety is embraced by all employees. Utilize MESH to ensure compliance with state/federal safety requirements and drive “zero incidents” safety culture.
- As needed may support the employee engagement team with development or execution of employee activities and community events.
- Maintain and support the site’s promotional procedures, payroll and time & attendance processes.
- Provides counsel and support to resolve interpersonal conflicts and employee relations issues.
- Leads investigations on employee relation matters.
- Champion employee survey improvement activities through analysis of survey data and identification of key improvement opportunities, providing direct support to survey improvement teams as appropriate.
- Strategically deliver HR services, programs and initiatives aligned with the business strategy and Eaton Leadership Model.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 2 year of human resources generalist experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in human resources, labor relations or business administration
- Project Management experience
- Supervisory experience
- Strong ethics, values, and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Experience with positive employee relations and programs
- Knowledge of HR compliance and legal issues
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Analytical skills
- Coaching/Facilitation/Conflict Management skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time