Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Senior Tooling Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, Wisconsin facility.
Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Tooling Engineer is responsible to define, plan and monitor site tooling activities including managing cost, purchasing and inventory. Interacts with manufacturing, engineering, quality, maintenance and the tooling team to perform all job responsibilities and to initiate continuous improvement and lean activities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Design and oversee all new tool builds and ensure tools are delivered to internal specifications and best practices within timelines.
- Support the tooling team in developing, maintaining and repairing tooling including but not limited to epoxy molds, fixtures, gauges, assembly carts, tools and tool holders.
- Ensure timely completion of gauge and fixture compliance inspection, qualification report and any additional information into the quality compliance database.
- Support product & process development projects to ensure design for manufacturability and a flawless production launch. Lead and participate on PROLaunch projects (NPI, VAVE, STP, BPI, and/or AIF).
- Support capital investment process through participation in setting strategy, defining projects and executing upon assignments.
- Develop, evaluate and improve tooling methodology including documenting into specifications, standard work processes and tracking metrics.
- Actively participate in lean and continuous improvement activities across the site.
- Lead MESH (Safety) categories as assigned.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments, as necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years of design experience with fixtures, tools, material handling or basic die design
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience managing outside contractors
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- Experience with Autodesk CAD software
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make sound decisions
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Demonstrated technical communication skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only