Eaton’s Industrial Vehicle Sector is currently seeking an OEM Aftermarket Product Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Southfield or Galesburg, MI location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Product Manager is responsible for the development and execution of product line strategies within the Vehicle Group North America (VGNA) Aftermarket Product Management Group. The position will have responsibility for product portfolio management, price strategy management and marketing activities for the assigned product category. The role is accountable for managing the product line offering, achieving financial goals and meeting market share targets.
In addition, the Product Manager will be required to manage and drive program execution and be responsible for end-to-end implementation of growth initiatives within the product category and for tracking and executing new product launch activities.
This Product Manager will function as an expert in their product line for the organization. The role requires extensive knowledge of the industry, understanding of market conditions and trends, knowledge of key customers and the ability to develop cross functional relationships.
- Develop and execute product line strategies, sales incentive programs and marketing strategies that will drive sales growth for assigned product lines
- Measure market competitiveness and recommend pricing solution to achieve overall product line sales and profitability objectives. Implement annual pricing strategies to meet pricing targets while insuring market competitiveness
- Employ all available existing resources and develop new tools to track and measure effectiveness of product line strategies and recommend changes based upon identified strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Execute regular analysis of each product line performance against financial goals and provide feedback to sales with recommended corrective actions (by territory, region or individual customer) with pre-defined targets and goals
- Provide regular analysis of each product lines’ performance against goals. Ability to proactively address changing conditions
- Evaluate new product opportunities by analyzing portfolio applicability, market demand, potential revenue opportunity, business financials and deployment strategies
- Develop cost reduction initiatives to improve competitive positioning and coordinate iplementation efforts with supporting functions.
- Maintain product line catalog information and cross-references and manage datahub information (cross references, product description, application information, etc.) for online product content
- Closely coordinate with marketing to ensure product management efforts and strategies are represented and aligned with marketing efforts and participate in industry events to represent Eaton with customers aimed at customer satisfaction and sales growth.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in product portfolio management
- Experience working for a manufacturing or distribution company.
- MBA degree
- Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree
- Marketing and/or project management
- Product management experience in the Commercial Vehicle Aftermarket, Trucking and Transportation industry
- Experience in fluid hydraulic systems or mobile power hydraulic systems.
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to develop, manage and measure sales incentive programs
- Experience and understanding of financial analysis (price, revenue, profitability, cost)
- Ability to analyze market intel and understand the impact to Eaton product portfolio
- Understanding of competitors’ strategies, technologies, and capabilities
- Proven interpersonal communication/influencing skills
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time