Eaton’s Industrial Vehicle Sector is currently seeking an OEM Aftermarket Account Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg, MI location, or can be a remote role based in the Seattle, WA or the Portland, OR area. Relocation assistance to the Galesburg, MI area will be provided.
The Account Manager leads the design and implementation of sales strategies for a major OEM customer in NAFTA, including revenue growth, profitability and customer satisfaction. The Account Manager also develops relationships with the key customer and collects business intelligence data to determine industry trends. The position necessitates that the incumbent has knowledge and capabilities of engineering management, including budgeting and expense tracking, project management, product reliability testing, personnel development, innovation, and inclusion and diversity.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Act as a liaison with all functional areas within the organization to support OEM strategies, drive execution and implementation, and to make what matters work
- This position is accountable for managing the full life cycle of products within the harsh and hazardous/industrial wire management and PD&C product families
- Develop and implement customer growth strategies for aftermarket products with direct responsibility for NAFTA
- Work with the aftermarket sales PSM team to ensure OEM strategies are deployed throughout the OEM dealer networks and pull through sales strategies
- Develop and manage senior and executive customer relationships and be directly involved in problem resolution
- Participate in OEM events representing Eaton
- Collect business intelligence information to determine industry trends and communicate within the organization
- Drive and ensure Long Term Agreement contract administration (ex. pricing, rebates, etc.)
- Implement product pricing updates and maintain Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) targets
- Contributes to new product introduction to assist in producing a successful launch by participation in ProLaunch as functional sales lead
- Anticipates customer future needs using surveys and other channels such as customer scorecards
- Mentor highly skilled engineers and manage all engineering activities within the department including design, development, certification and testing, and serial production release
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in sales, marketing, aftermarket or customer support
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship
- Master’s degree
- Truck products knowledge
- Trucking and transportation industry experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time