The primary function of the Application Engineer is to provide design assistance and application support to the Eaton Energy Storage business unit, Country Sales Organizations (CSO), EPCs, consulting engineers and channel partners in the territory/market for energy storage installations and enhance the value generated for customers. Provide necessary safety precautions and calculations during FEED, quotation and pre-order stage, in accordance with company guidelines and procedures, to reach an acceptable solution for all parties involved on the complex technical questions. The Application Engineer and Project Manager may act as lead engineer in execution stage for larger and complex projects, being the customer contact person up to the reception of the whole solution by the customer.
- To determine, instruct and drive the technical quality and content of the quotation process. To read, interpret and agree on customer specifications in order to create a competitive Eaton solution including mechanical, electrical, safety and control systems, SCADA and PLC software applications.
- Advise on 3rd party or special equipment materials (material cost and labour/engineering efforts) in order to provide technical competitive solutions to quotation engineers. Writing technical RFQs for non-Eaton items that are part of a project and drive SCM for technical compliant bids.
- To visit, inform and advise Eaton colleagues and/or customers and/or third parties. Representing the company as a technical consultant - at all organisational levels about technical possibilities of products, systems and services during FEED, quotation and pre-order stages within the given authority level and in close co-operation with sales management, in order to build up and maintain strong relationships.
- To analyse electrical and/or mechanical faults and to advise customers about possible technical solutions with regards to complete (company own or competitive) systems, in close co-operation with sales management in order to solve customer’s problems without endangering the company’s image or financial position.
- Execution and supervision of multiple projects in parallel while meeting requested return dates of the quotation engineer/ project manager.
- For some key projects manage delivery of the solution up to final release to customers
- Coordinate partners and suppliers in order to deliver the parts of the solution according to customers’ requirements and planning
- Clean hand over to Order Management and Manufacturing (Project) Engineering, systems engineers to ensure technical compliance in the order stage based on agreed customer solutions.
- To write various kinds of technical and commercial documents with regard to design, testing, commissioning and delivery, in line with general accepted standards in Engineering, in order to assure that the customer specifications are met upon delivery. Including “comments, deviations, exceptions” as part of the technical compliance of the project. To administer all relevant information according to the company’s guidelines, in order to assure timely availability for management and colleagues.
- BSc. Electrical Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience in a similar position
- Detailed architecture knowledge regarding LV, MV, PSA including transformers/ generators, packaged substations (containers).
- Application, electrical and mechanical Engineering
- Engineering, Calculation, Studies and Manufacturing methods
- Safety and Control systems
- (Inter)national standards
- Technical sales aptitude: specifications and demands
- Customer focus: customer oriented with excellent customer skills
- Possess necessary computer skills including: Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD, Internet applications, Microsoft Office applications, and other product configuration tools.
- Fluent in English
- French or German is a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PQED Power Quality Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time