Eaton’s Aerospace Fluid Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Value Stream Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Bethel, CT facility.
The Value Stream Manager will lead the assembly and test operations for direct and indirect employees, and drive continuous improvements in production, quality, and safety while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business System (EBS). This position plays a key role in the site Lean Council, Operations BOS (Business Operating System) team, and leadership for several High Performance Work Teams (HPWTs). The person in this position will direct the daily activities of a manufacturing team and develop strategic plans to guide continuous improvement activities within their assigned departments.
The person in this position is responsible to
oversee and lead all activities associated with manufacturing and production of
deliverable product to meet customer expectations. The leader shall also be
responsible to monitor and manage direct and indirect resources in the
assignment of work responsibilities, development, and alignment of resources to
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Champion a culture of change through the framework of HPWTs.
- Drive continuous improvement through the use of EBS, BOS, Lean, and HPWTs.
- Champion the implementation of Lean activities to eliminate waste within key processes.
- Achieve key Balanced Scorecard (BSC) metrics including Productivity, On-Time Delivery, Quality Leading Indicators, Cost of Non-Conformance (CONC) and Safety.
- Effectively forecast and achieve department/Value Stream budgets.
- Champion implementation of Eaton’s Environmental, Health, & Safety system (MESH) to achieve improvement in year over year safety performance measures.
- Train and develop team members as well as provide oversight and coaching to HPWT support/functional team members. The Value Stream Manager will coach and develop not only the direct production teams but will have functional management responsibility for their HPWT support team members, including Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Planners.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in Operations/Manufacturing.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Bethel, CT to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading Continuous Improvement efforts and/or working as a process engineer.
- Experience leading direct and indirect operations team members.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership, coaching and influence management skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time