Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Entry Level Machine Operator to join our team! This position is based at our Glenolden, PA facility.
The CNC Machinist’s primary function is to set-up and operate simple machine tools such as drill presses, manual presses, saws, shears, etc.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Set-up and operate simple machine tools such as drill presses, manual presses, saws, shears, etc.
- Read basic blueprints, inspect parts using precision measuring tools equipped with vernier and DRO scales. Such tools include optical comparators, micrometers, indicators, etc.
- Perform hand operations such as de-burring, filing, grinding, sanding, etc.
- Operate polisher, grinder, or deburring tools and remove metal and surface defects or contour edges of components based on specifications of blueprints or work instructions. Ability to inspect work for acceptability of finish.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to assemble parts per Manufacturing instructions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must have two (2) years’ experience in operating simple machine tools or technical school graduate/certification in machining
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject tot the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'). Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Glenolden, )A will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No