Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Materials Manager to join our team.
This position is based at our Shenandoah, IA facility.
The Material Manager will direct all activities related to the flow of purchased and manufactured material encompassing the functions of shipping, receiving, inventory management, production scheduling and achieving on-time delivery goals. This role will also be responsible for managing the activities of 4 logistics coordinators across 3 shifts.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage plant materials process to support operations in meeting performance of department
- Manage and review inputs (Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning process (SIOP), cycle counting, physical inventory, profit planning) and controls (min./max. levels, lead times, etc.) of the ordering process to ensure that inventory levels (purchase parts, WIP, finished goods, consignment, in-transit etc.) to meet Plant, Division and Corporate expectations
- Balance and coordinate the work loads and responsibilities of the employees within the Materials Planning/Scheduling function to support Plant level metrics in the areas of Financial Performance (overtime efficiency, on-time delivery, days on hand, top line sales) by leveraging lean principles and plant balance (level loading, ship ahead schedules, etc.).
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities related to the materials function.
- Model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and complies with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- Support the Eaton Business System (EBS), Operations Assessment (Op A), Materials Management Assessment (MMA), Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS), and MESH initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Improve inventory accuracy by maintaining a formalized inventory cycle counting procedure with root cause analysis to drive corrective action
- Plan and coordinate annual physical inventory in accordance with corporate accounting procedures
- Supervise, provide functional guidance, and direct assignments for direct reports.
- Maintain communication link with divisional HQ, functional leadership, other plants, and Eaton’s Logistics Center (ELC) to maintain parts availability/inventories
- Coordinate with third-party logistics for scheduling and monitoring inbound and outbound shipments
- Serve as the plant purchase order (PO) coordinator
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year manager of people experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Supply Chain experience
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- MBA from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year supply chain experience
- APICS CPIM, CSCM or CPM certification preferred
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time