Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Materials Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Kearney, NE facility. As a member of the plants leadership team, this highly motivated individual, works with the entire team to lead the development and implementation of the sites materials management strategy.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead the site’s deployment of the IMPACT Materials Strategy by supporting OpA, MMAs and Council meetings to deploy the standard policies, processes and tools identified for the location.
- You will manage the plant’s SIOP process by ensuring cross-functional participation with the regional team in accordance with the SIOP policy. This includes master scheduling, execution to optimal inventory levels and supporting staffing levels to achieve customer satisfaction levels.
- You will manage all aspects of materials planning activities by utilizing standard replenishment tools and maintains customer satisfaction levels.
- You will provide leadership for the Inventory Management Process by effectively leading the site’s optimal inventory levels via an inventory playbook, Excess and Obsolete inventories and MRB levels which support’s the work capital metrics.
- You will maintain accurate records of all inventory date and materials transactions. Provide governance and leadership for the site cycle count process. Develops action plans based on root cause analysis. Leads annual physical inventory process.
- You will lead all aspects of the ERP system and ensure controls are in place to establish the correct BOM structure, material routings, transaction accuracy, inventory integrity to allow for accurate aggregations of supply and demand. Responsible for overall data integrity of the ERP system in support of maintain strong ERP Health performance.
- You will have fun, while learning, educating and deploying the tools
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Minimum of 3 years experiences Materials Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 1 year Manager of People experience.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Materials & Operations Management experience in a high volume business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Engineering
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to motivate team members to drive for results
- Experience in supporting cross-functional SIOP and Inventory management processes
- Technical knowledge of forecasting techniques, bill of material structuring and scheduling execution
- ERP knowledge preferably Oracle
- In-depth knowledge of plant manufacturing processes and value streams from raw materials to finished product
- APICS CPIM Certification is desirable
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time