Eaton’s North American Truck Division within the Vehicle Group is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer. This position will be based at our South Bend, Indiana facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for providing plant manufacturing and maintenance engineering support. In this role, you will lead projects to achieve plant goals in safety, quality, delivery and cost, in a manner consistent with South Bend’s designation as Eaton’s Forging COE (Center of Excellence). Works closely with Divisional Advanced Manufacturing and Program Management functions to create and implement new manufacturing processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Utilize PROLaunch (as required) to support profitable, reliable and on-time launch of projects within the facility. (NPD, STP, Automation, etc.)
- Support Divisional Advanced Manufacturing studies for capacity analysis and new technologies
- Identify process inefficiencies or improvements, and formulate comprehensive business cases to address these
- Partner with the Quality function to provide support for automated data collection and analysis activities
- Monitor forging processes, reconciles irregularities through SPCs and Six Sigma methodologies. Demonstrates ability to understand source(s) of variation by applying Six Sigma methodologies. Understands application of SPC and gage R&R
- Maintain and develop Machine FMEAs and Process FMEAs
- Apply Eaton MESH safety regulations to ensure engineering projects are launched safely
- Apply knowledge of Gage R&R, SPC, Six Sigma, and PPAPs
- You will be able to develop and implement new engineering processes into production cells.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Metallurgical experience is a plus
- 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Working knowledge of Pro/E, or similar parametric CAD package
- Basic tooling/applications knowledge
- Six Sigma methodology and Lean Manufacturing tools
- Cost estimating and Budgeting
- General understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems
- Forging production techniques and technologies
- Formal problem solving (8D’s, root-cause & countermeasure, 6 Sigma)
- General familiarity with Quality systems
- Understanding of metal material flow
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time