Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Network Protector Assembler - Day Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility. Note: this is located at the Emerald Road facility.
Perform assembly, wire, fit and modification work involved in the manufacture of low, medium, and high voltage, indoor and outdoor pad mount and substation metal enclosures. Problem solve assemblies using drawings, manufacturing information and electrical standards and initiate changes required by different departments. Identify and collect needed materials for kits, when required, and assemble and prepare for shipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Assemble, adjust or repair using hand and air tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges and measuring devices assemblies and sub-assemblies of a repetitive and/or non-repetitive nature as required.
- Mount and install electrical equipment. Perform wire operations as required.
- Inspect all assemblies for loose or missing hardware and cleanliness.
- Respond to change notices, customer requested adjustments and development needs.
- Assist engineering, drafting, and supervision with customer-initiated development work.
- Work to manufacturing information, drawings, sketches, written or oral instructions from supervision and to established procedures and standards.
- Work closely with other departments to assure that all specifications and quality standards are maintained.
- Provide prompt response and initiate action to change notices, customer-requested adjustments and development requests.
- Make equipment, wire adjustments and modification to assure proper operation and industrial standards.
- Make adjustments and modifications to assemblies to assure proper operation.
- Occasionally perform development work on non-repetitive units.
- Identify special or non-standard conditions and notify different departments including supervision, drafting, and engineering.
- Assist engineering and drafting in performing developmental work on non-repetitive units and troubleshooting to mechanical, electrical and engineering department concerning adjustment to drawings or modifications required.
- Use electrical and mechanical information with industry standards (ANSI, NEMA, IEEE, CSA, ISO-9000), as well as regional standards (California code, Chicago Code, UBC Seismic zone), in the assembly of high, medium, and low voltage electrical equipment.
- Analyze manufacturing information and utilize this information to build to customer specifications.
- Assemble low, medium, and high voltage assemblies to specific customer requirements and also use standard work practices.
- Use material handling equipment to move products and supplies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- One year of experience in a manufacturing environment performing complex assembly, wiring, fitting and modification work.
- One year of experience utilizing precision measuring instruments.
- One year of experience reading wiring schematics and diagrams and blueprints.
- Metal fabrication experience.
- Strong computer skills with SAP experience.
- Experience with shop math, test apparatus, hand and power tools, machine tool equipment, all types of material handling and lifting equipment.
- Basic knowledge of electrical clearances.
- Experience with 3D modeling.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No