Eaton’s Marketing Commercial Operations Division is currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our team. This position can be based in our Arden, NC or Watertown, WI location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The primary function of the Technical Support Engineer is to provide technical support for the low voltage variable frequency drives (VFD) support team within the Technical Resource Center (TRC). This position assists customers with product selection, application assistance, programming and troubleshooting of Eaton’s VFD products. The Technical Support Engineer will assist customers through various channels including phone, email and chat.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide post sale and presale technical support for VFD and associated automation and communication products.
- Provide support via phone, chat and email
- Effectively communicate product value proposition and product line strategies
- Help the team meet or exceed team metrics
- Ability to perform assigned duties in a team atmosphere
- Participate on teams to enhance team performance and drive process improvement
- Participate in the development and maintenance of product support resources
- Review CQMs (Warranty) for technical accuracy and spare parts required and work instructions
- Ability to work flexible hours to support emergency customer situations
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- One to two years (1-2) of experience in with VFD’s and/or PLC’s (including application support, technical support, service, or sales support)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Automation technical knowledge (PLC’s, HMI’s and communication protocols)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only