Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Centre Design & Application Engineer who will help to position Eaton as a leading provider of advanced systems (e.g. modular) that cater to emerging requirements for large and advanced data centres. This will require development and optimization of Eaton capabilities into advanced system offers for data centres and similar environments and applications (e.g. Edge compute, Distributed Compute, IoT, next generation Telcom equipment environments). This covers the end to end electrical infrastructure, power quality management and control systems.
As the Data Centre and ICT industry grows, it requires creative thinking and value engineering to deliver innovative designs that enable new energy strategies, speed to market, efficiency and functionality benefits to our customers. You will engage directly with end customers, consultants and Eaton product teams, plus current / new partners to develop systems that meet these growing demands.
Your time will be split between customer visits, being based at our Dublin headquarters and home office. This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned Data Centre professional to support the growth of Eaton’s data centre business in the EMEA region.
Your key deliverables:
• Supporting the identification of customer engineering needs and challenges and ensuring these are well understood and appreciated by relevant internal Eaton stakeholders.
• Ensuring the design and development of customer specific systems via Eaton portfolio plus 3rd party as required.
• Developing customer engineering and support commercial proposals with the extended data centre segment and sales teams.
• Identifying risks and helping define and implement risk mitigation plans.
• Providing technical coordination for the design and implementation of systems that meet customer needs - from concept, approval, proof of concept to in field deployment.
• Evaluating selected partners, technology, capabilities, products and services.
• Supporting the implementation of the Data Centre segment strategy.
• Interpreting proposed scope of work & responsibilities requirements to ensure Eaton is correctly positioned for success and project execution.
• Interfacing with Eaton internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of products, services and project needs of specific strategic customers and the wider market.
• Designing and support testing to ensure Eaton designs and systems meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Providing technical assistance as concerns system design needs, philosophy and capabilities before, during, and after project acquisition and deployment.
• Supporting customer presentations as needed.
• Completing any additional detailed specification work for new designs or support that may drive 3rd party estimating, equipment specification, and subcontractor work scope development.
• Actively supporting Eaton internal processes and requirements as needed.
Do you have?
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or other relevant subject.
• Minimum of 5+ years power system experience in the data centre industry or with mission critical electrical design.
• Demonstrable project management experience.
• Fundamental understanding of critical LV & MV electrical equipment.
• Leadership and problem-solving skills.
•Ability to research new designs, technologies, construction and installation methods for data centre equipment and facilities.
• Ability to carry new design concepts through exploration, development, and into deployment/construction.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
Competitive compensation and benefits package
Contract in fast growing global company
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales North Europe
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time