Eaton Electric Division is looking for an EHS Manager in Santiago, Chile.
He/She will be responsible for:
· Implementation and maintain a zero Incident Safety Culture, where every plant employee feels responsible for safety in the workplace and protects their personal well-being and the well-being of their colleagues, reflects that commitment.
· Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals and activities to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
· Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
· Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
· Develops behavior-based safety programs, while driving and promoting a zero incident EHS culture throughout Chile sites.
· Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
· Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
· Develop and conduct training programs and educate key staff positions and employees on environmental and safety laws, regulations and procedures.
· Acts as site point of contact for Chile National and Local inspections pertaining to EHS, and ensures compliance with air, water, waste water and storm water permits and other Chile safety and environmental concerns.
· Assist in facilitating the development and maintenance of facility emergency response plans and ensure that all affected employees receive training as needed
· Manages capital upgrades and projects that pertain to EHS improvements.
· Leads corrective action and incident investigation teams pertaining to EHS.
· Maintains an environment in keeping with all applicable regulations and legal requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or related bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· Experience in safety roles a manufacturing setting, with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
· Comprehension of industry, state, and country EHS requirements.
· Experience leading teams.
· Must have good verbal and written communication skills in English-Spanish (bilingual) required.
Desired/preferred Education and Knowledge:
Master’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Discipline
· Professional certification (recommended) (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent where available).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG LAC Latin AmericaCaribbean Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time