Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Senior Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Las Piedras facility.
Identifies and implements strategies to improve productivity and quality of Molding area under assigned responsibilities. Lead the Implementation of new projects and technology in the molding areas. Develop plans and options to increase the effectiveness of molding processes in the manufacturing area.
Complies with the established procedures related to safety, quality, warranty, services, etc.
Develops and implements gauges and fixtures to assure quality of products.
Influence process to achieve extensive collaboration with other engineers and employees involved in manufacturing, to choose the best machines or improvements available to provide quality and cost-effective ways to manufacture parts.
- Identify opportunities and implement projects for cost-out Program.
Interfaces with Design/Manufacturing Engineer to solve situations with non-conforming self-manufactured parts for the products of responsibility
- Identify and implement continuous improvement ideas to increase productivity levels
- Implement new projects and technology in the molding area.
- Uses control and improvement techniques such as DOE (Taguchi), 8D Analysis, Pareto Diagrams, etc., to assure good quality and low non-conforming rates of self-manufactured parts. Identifies through process capability analysis, or any other sources, machinery not capable to meet expectations
- Identifies and facilitates training opportunities for the area of responsibility for current or new technologies.
- Assures the company policies are met based on Eaton’s Philosophy and Code of Ethics
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product, and suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the department.
- Must be a proactive, dynamic, high energy, results-focused individual with strong leadership skills.
- Lead troubleshoot process to help machine set up optimization when product/process discrepancies are noted.
- Identify opportunities Capital investments opportunities in areas such as: tools and machines’ replacement, refurbish or overhaul, replacement/refurbish/overhaul of current molding technology, process improvements requiring capital investment.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Minimum Education: Bachelor Degree in Science of Engineering; BSEM or BSChem a plus.
Minimum Experience: At least five or more years of experience in Engineering and expertise in molding process and tooling, preferably thermoplastic. Knowledge on Scientific Molding implementation is a plus
- Molding Process
- Project Management
- Communication Skills
- Process Improvement Techniques
- Organizational Skills
- Computer Knowledge
- Molding Tooling Design
- CAD/CAM software (AutoCad, SolidWorks)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time