Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
More from us : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZfovyFZcY
The MTL Business Unit is part of Eaton’s Crouse Hinds series portfolio, manufacturing electrical products to control, operate and protect assets in harsh and hazardous environments. Our products are used in all types of locations (hazardous and general), from offshore oil and gas platforms, power production plants and petrochemical installations to pharmaceuticals, telecommunications and other manufacturing/process plants.
Senior Certification Engineer
Location: Luton, UK
The Senior Certification engineer is part of the global certification team. The primary function of the role will be the execution of those activities necessary for obtaining and sustaining hazardous area product certification such as IECEx, ATEX and more. This would be through a combination of collaboration with internal development teams and liaison with external certification agencies such as SGS Baseefa, FM, UL.
Your key deliverables:
• Strive to maintain knowledge of state-of-the-art techniques and methods.
• Drive the adoption of best practice in the engineering phase of developments to ensure certification risks are minimised.
• Ensure the adoption of "Best practice" engineering to solving the design and manufacturing challenges commensurate with time and cost targets.
• Maintain a good awareness of the changes in requirements the standards.
• Knowledge of electrical safety for all product developments.
• Take a pro-active approach to knowledge transfer and expansion within the certification team.
• Supervise and help the development of other engineers by setting good example in all areas, e.g. giving technical guidance, showing commercial awareness, showing commitment to timescales , showing positive attitude.
• Help other members of the project team to contribute to the team's output through pro-active communication and sharing ideas.
• Ensure team co-operation and strive for team success with a positive attitude.
• To ensure designs meet the appropriate certification standards market requirements including interpretability as a whole system where appropriate.
• To ensure designs are developed in harmony with the certification needs. So that certification risks are reduced during the early phases of the design.
• To ensure developments are completed on time and within budget and to specification.
• To take an active part in peer and formal design reviews as required.
• To contribute, be involved and actively support the continuous improvement process within every facet of the organization
What we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Physics, Electronics or similar
• Relevant years of experience obtaining hazardous area IECEx and ATEX certificates
• Experience of working with certification agencies and testing of products to global standards.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently, a high level of motivation, flexibility and team spirit
• Understanding of working in Quality controlled Project environments Team player (across geography)
• Appreciation of working in an ISO 9001company and full understanding of quality management processes and requirements.
• Can do attitude
• Attention to detail
• Ability to meet time lines
• Worked for a certification agency or manufacturer in similar role/function
• Experience and knowledge of ATEX and IECEx certification and the IEC 60079 series standards
• Experience of ISO 9001 or ISO/IEC/EN 80079-34 for hazardous areas
• Knowledge of a regulatory framework and legislative processes
What we offer:
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
• Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering
• At Eaton, promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services.
Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time