Eaton’s eMobility Division is currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join our team. This position will be based in Southfield, MI.
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world
This position will be responsible for leading key advanced development and technical acquisitions with global OEMs. In this role, you will understand key customer trends and promote them within product development, sales and strategy teams. The Engineering Manager will communicate and represent eMobility products & solutions to all levels at the customer. The ultimate objective is to develop strong relationships and to grow the eMobility business at the customer
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Serves as the initial technical interface externally to global OEM customers and internally to sales and strategy.
- Understands and presents technology and product roadmap to customers.
- Leads pre-acquisition activities with global OEM customers.
- Develop and implement new business acquisition strategies
- Collect customer requirements and steers internal advanced product and technology development activities
- Supports the acquisition/pursuit and sales team.
- Supports the strategy and sales team to develop product technology roadmap and define quote readiness
- Prepares presentations to effectively communicate status, highlights/disappointments, risks, mitigation plans to executive leadership
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in propulsion domain
- Minimum of 3 years in the eMobility space
- Minimum of 5 years in engineering product development
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of (enter location) will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- MBA or Masters in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 10 years experience in propulsion domain
- 5 years in the eMobility space
- 5 years experience in sales or business development
- Willing to travel 25%
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time