Eaton’s North American Sales division is currently seeking an Area Sales Manager to join our team.
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for:
Managing a customer base, sales resources, products and channels to market to achieve planned results for the district. This individual will provide leadership and development to a sales team consisting of sales professionals, sales reps and the distributor channel. Expected results include but are not limited to growth in sales and market share, channel development as well as developing talent within the district.
In this role you will:
- Develop monthly sales forecasts
- Create vertical operating plans for sales teams on annual basis
- Build trusting relationships with key channel partners, end-customers and internal stake-holders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5 years electrical industry sales/marketing experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Marketing
- Prior people management experience
- 5 years’ experience in either operations or marketing based roles
- Previous experience managing people and channels.
- Superior knowledge and demonstrated skills of sales techniques, customer interaction, customer relations and employee development
- Leadership style and demonstrated behavior consistent with Eaton’s values and philosophies.
- Analytical thinking capability, leveraging data-driven arguments to make decisions
- Customer Orientation; ability to understand, communicate and meet customer needs.
- Negotiation skills and expertise; ability to cope with ambiguity, and work through complex problems and manage conflict.
- Technical aptitude to understand and position solutions within the respective product category.
- Ability to execute and communicate compelling value proposition and strategy.
- Ability to manage different maturity levels in the market, and varying business cycles.
- Strong knowledge of managing products, product applications and distribution channels
- Ability to influence without authority, in a matrix environment.
- Professional presence such that the candidate can clearly command in difficult sales situations
- Experience in growing sales and market share, channel development and developing employee talent
- Strong competence in the leadership attributes: passionate, accountable, ethical, learner, transparent and efficient. (as a leader of people)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time