Eaton’s Marketing Commercial Operations Division is currently seeking a Lead Application Engineer to join our team. This position can be based in our Arden, NC or Watertown, WI location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The primary function of the Lead Application Engineer is to be a technical lead for the low voltage variable frequency drives (VFD) support team within the Technical Resource Center (TRC). This position will assist customers with product selection, troubleshooting, and application assistance in addition to be an escalation point for others on the team. This position will also be responsible for developing and conducting product training.
- Provide technical assistance for VFD and associated automation and communication products
- Solve complex customer application issues – providing support via phone, chat and email
- Effectively communicate product value proposition and product line strategies
- Review and provide feedback on product literature developed by product line
- Provide recommendations for product enhancements and offerings
- Participate in product road mapping, strategy and planning sessions with the product lines
- Develop application notes
- Develop and conduct training for internal and external customers
- Participate in projects to enhance performance and drive process improvement
- Participate in the development and maintenance of product support resources
- Provide input in the strategic planning of the Technical Resource Center
- Ability to work flexible hours to support emergency customer situations
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience with VFD’s and/or PLC’s (including application support, technical support, service, or sales support)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Engineering degree
- Experience applying and programming VFD’s and/or PLC’s
- Must have excellent teaming and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage projects
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Working electrical knowledge in PLCs, VFD’s and communication protocols
- Customer interfacing experience
- Ability to work flexible hours to support emergency customer situations.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only