Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Receiver to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Receiver will receive material; stock and pull product from and for the manufacturing lines; load and unload trucks and stage the material for use; enter data into the computer system; put material away neatly in its designated location; assist in maintaining the business system's inventory by participation in cycle counts, discrepancy investigation, scanning, and solution implementation and develop and implement improvements to the shipping and receiving processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
In this function you will:
- Receive materials from delivery trucks, verify quantities with purchase order, unpack the materials, inspect incoming material for non-conformance
- Inspect the conditions and verifies the quantities of packages being delivered prior to accepting and signing receipt of shipment
- Remove all packages and shipments from the loading dock throughout day to maintain warehouse clean and orderly
- Indicate damages and quantity variances on shipping documents prior to accepting shipment and notify leader of damages and variances immediately
- Generate receiving documents from the computer system and reconcile the receiving documents to the packaging lists and must be able to navigate and use MFG Pro computer system to verify and upload purchase orders and inventory levels
- Understand quality control functions associated with material certification of conformance
- Effectively communicate with our external suppliers addressing issues associated with required paperwork and inspection reports
Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Minimum two years’ work experience in Receiving
Expert level on excel, using inventory software (MRP system)
Position Success Criteria:
- Requires frequent lifting, bending and operation of mechanical equipment
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to use both hands constantly and work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to stand/walk for 8+ hours a day
- Possible exposure to radiation through the use of a XRF device for scanning material
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No