Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Coupling Assembler 2nd shift. This position is based in our Beltsville, MD facility.
This position is responsible for assembling metal coupling components. Core shift for this position will be Monday - Friday from 3:30PM-midnight.
Our Beltsville, MD manufacturing facility is home to 450+ passionate and creative team members. Our products power hundreds of military and commercial aircraft platforms with a focus on improved reliability, weight reduction and fuel efficiency. Components & products developed at our location are used for the Mar’s Rover, protecting the Declaration of Independence, and keeping passengers cool and safe as they travel to their favorite vacation destinations. Eaton’s comprehensive portfolio sets the industry standard for engineering excellence, customized solutions for today’s industry needs while developing new technologies for next-generation aircraft designs. If you’re looking for work that is engaging, exciting, and meaningful then join us and contribute to making what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Perform minor set-ups and operate multiple machines, to execute a sequence of operations such as turn, drill, and bore a variety of metal components. You will set up and operate bulge rivet machine to assemble retainers
- Conduct the following operations: reaming, inserting hammer drive screws, peening operation and assembling hardware
- Conduct ATP testing to requirements. Utilizes QC Info software to view test specifications, set-up test fixture and perform ATP testing
- Perform channel coating on parts to requirements as called out on the routers
- Set -up and operate laser marker, understand customer requirements as called out on PMI sheets and perform hand marking operations
- Identify, locate, and kit hardware necessary to assemble retainers
- Be capable of interpreting technical drawings in accordance with standard shop practices.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Minimum of one year of assembly experience
Minimum of two years of manufacturing experience
Must be able to use the computer
Read and comprehend specifications, engineering drawings and manufacturing routings
Position requires exposure to oil, dirt, and heat
Must wear safety glasses, ear plugs and steel toed shoes for entire shift
Ability to stand, sit, move 8-12 hours a day
Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No