Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team in Waukesha, WI.
Reporting to the Power Reliability Division (PRD) Finance Director, the Senior Financial Analyst supports a profitable business with annual sales of $580M in decision-enabling processes by providing comprehensive analyzes and financial reports to internal customers across multiple organizational levels.
Responsibilities include overseeing the PRD business’s financial reporting, forecasting and profit planning. Also included in this role, is financial support for our Pewaukee operations, which is $12M annual revenue, and 65 total headcount. This position will operate as a key partner to the PRD Director of Finance, LIPE Organization, Plant Managers and Plant Controllers and needs to establish strong cross functional relationships with support teams within the PRD Business. The PRD Analyst works collaboratively with marketing, operations and plant controllers supporting monthly reporting, forecasting, margin & profitability analysis, and closing support. In addition to the ongoing duties and responsibilities, this position will serve as financial support for strategic product moves, market analytics, and other strategic initiatives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
In this function you will:
- Support the regular financial processes for the business including month-end closing, monthly financial forecast, profit plan and strategic plan, including reporting and analysis of results, both for the overall PRD division, as well as for our Pewaukee operations.
- Assists in development of annual PRD profit plan for the business including P&L, balance sheet, capital spending and headcount. Take the lead on several aspects of building the profit plan and coordinate requirements with the division key players.
- Provide useful information and recommendations to the operations for decision making as a result of interpretation of the financials. Identify financial risks and develop mitigation plans and lead the finance efforts on key business growth and/or repositioning studies to ensure robust and accurate financial estimates are provided in a timely manner for decision making.
- Support plant controllers in the effective implementation of accounting policies & practices, internal controls, operating mechanisms, and analysis of key operational & performance metrics.
- Support/lead process improvement projects. Work in a team environment with other analysts and financial colleagues to streamline and drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation and standardization.
- Assist with cross functional interactions between Sales, Marketing, Demand & Supply planning teams in order to ensure an effective S&OP planning process focused on production/sales plans & other key initiatives
- Develop new and useful tools/dashboards for operational & commercial analytics to improving the understanding of the performance of the facilities and drive improvement of key metrics
- Review, analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy, consistency, and transparency. Maintain integrity of financial reports
- Collaborate with business leadership teams to develop a financial outlook (forecast) for products & businesses supported (updated monthly/quarterly); focus on outlook accuracy and determining the most likely scenario for the balance of the year
- Establish strong relationship with peers across the operations and functional finance teammates within Eaton
- Ensure that the appropriate plant quality policy and Eaton Business System (EBS) are implemented in the finance function. Ensure all finance responsibilities are defined and communicated throughout the plant with specific responsibilities and appropriate timing. Ensures the deployment of finance standard work.
- Fosters an environment which promotes Eaton’s goals, values and philosophy, encourages continuous improvement and builds customer relationships.
- Must possess an in-depth understanding of general accounting, and financial planning and forecasting systems.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a finance or accounting function with a solid working knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and pronouncements of external regulatory bodies: Financial Accounting Standards Board, SEC, IRS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Waukesha, WI to be considered.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated ability to drive cost reduction projects and improve plant productivity
- SAP and Hyperion HFM skills
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong financial analysis, planning, forecasting and reporting experience
- Held finance or accounting leadership role
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA or CMA
Great visibility for a high-potential analyst seeking their next challenge to accelerate learning and professional growth, focusing in on overall division analytics and serving as a key finance business partner to various functions within the division, providing a key development step on a career path towards a future plant controller or other finance leadership role. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated critical thinker, highly analytical, process improvement oriented, who demonstrates the drive and people capability to deliver results in fast-paced team environment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No