Busag, Maramures, Romania
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Working at our Busag production site in Maramures and reporting to the Plant Manager, in this role You will plan and direct maintenance activities involving the facilities, utilities, equipment and grounds in cooperation with the Production Supervisor, Engineers, Team Leaders and Upper Management.
Senior Maintenance Engineer
Your key deliverables:
- Implement and support the EHS (Environment, Health and Safety) policies, codes or standards; perform inspections with Corporate, contract, and regulatory officials, being is committed to Eaton’s “Zero Incident Safety Culture” and “Life Saving Rules”
- Maintain the facilities, utilities, equipment and grounds to meet safety, regulatory, quality, and delivery requirements
- Develop specifications for competitive bidding, participate in the contractor selection process utilizing appropriate personnel and policies, to purchase and manage services for facilities, utilities, grounds and equipment maintenance
- Coordinate the maintenance team and motivate maintenance teammates skilled in mechanical, electrical, and electronics fields
- Maintain facilities in emergency situations in absence of coaches or other management personnel
- Participate in the planning and implementation phase of the capital expenditure process with emphasis on safety, environmental and operational focus
- Implement and improve preventive and predictive maintenance program for the facilities, utilities, machinery and equipment
- Develop and execute spare parts strategy for machinery and facilities, purchases parts for stocking, and repair of machinery
- Maintain records of capital assets and assists with disposal and acquisition of equipment
- Monitor and maintain the required resources to meet customer requirements through scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Educated at Bachelor degree in the Engineering field?
- Coming with at least 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or operations environment?
- Having a comprehensive understanding in electronics, electrical and mechanical procedures through formal study and practical experience?
- Possessing leadership skills?
- Able to coordinate teammates for expeditious troubleshooting and problem solving?
- Possessing relevant knowledge of environmental, health and safety aspects in manufacturing environment?
- Knowledgeable of Lean Manufacturing and a good understanding of TPM?
- An effective communicator team player, excellent strategic thinker, ready for taking and implementing initiatives, but also influencing people in other divisions and peer positions?
- Ready to be involved in the continuous upgrading process of the personnel qualifications?
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools?
- Fluent in English?
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with on-going learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time