Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Production Operator to join our 3rd Shift team. This position is based at our Forest City, NC facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Operate the stencil machine to put the appropriate model and lot number on the hose and inspect it for any defects during this process.
- Eject mandrel from the hose by using water pressure and proof test the hose to make sure that it meets specifications.
- Cut the hose at the appropriate place on the reel and coil the hose to prepare it for shipping.
- Prepare rubber and/or grilon mandrel for the rubber to be shaped around during the extrusion process.
- Operate braider machines to interweaver two or more strands of yarn to provide reinforcement for the hose before the cover process.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Forest City, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous Manufacturing Experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills/team building
- Ability to learn computer transactions
- Ability to learn and successfully operate production equipment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No