Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As the EHS Manager, you will manage and direct site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. You will direct development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
Your key deliverables:
• Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
• Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
• Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
• Works to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
• Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
• Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
• Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
• Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
• Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
• Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion.
• Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
• 3+ years’ experience in similar position
• Bachelor’s degree at minimum, degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent, Advanced degree or professional certification (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent where available) -encouraged, or candidate must have willingness to pursue,
• Very good knowledge of Polish EHS Law standards;
• Demonstrated ability in budgeting, forecasting, manpower planning, training techniques, human relations skills, supervisory techniques;
• Fluency in Polish and advanced English skills;
• Experience and knowledge of modern management techniques;
• Ability to work in international, corporate environment;
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH PSCO Powertrain and Specialty Controls Ops
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time