Eaton’s Fuel & Motion Control Systems Division is currently seeking a CI Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MS facility.
The Jackson facility has approximately 550 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
The CI Manufacturing Engineer will support deployment of Continuous Improvement vision and strategy. This includes Lean and Six Sigma process deployment, training, and mentoring at the plant level. This role is a key member of the Jackson team and ensures a culture of Continuous Improvement and Lean that is then leveraged to drive change. Job duties support the implementation of Lean and Six Sigma strategies, which will lead to improvements in factory margins, product delivery performance, employee safety and reductions in product/process variation. Note that the primary function of this role includes but is not limited to the manufacturing operations of the plants.
It is expected that this engineer would rely heavily on the experience and guidance of the CI Manager and seasoned engineers when dealing with technical issues. However, they must be self-directed related to the ownership and management of their tasks and schedules.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Work with the CI Manager and Operations teams to lead the implementation of the plant’s Lean and 6s strategy, actions, training and cross-functional activities including Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs).
- Support Eaton Lean System (ELSS) assessments and identify performance gaps. Work through the CI manager to work on ELSS activities to close identified gaps.
- Provide Lean & 6s support within the plant to drive short & long-term business improvements.
- Utilize Lean and 6s tools to eliminate waste improving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance.
- Support the plant’s CI (Lean and 6s) journey. Assist in improvement activities including training, mentoring, facilitating Kaizen events, 6s projects, and tool deployment.
- Work with Regional/Divisional CI Manager to ensure alignment of plant CI activities to broader functional strategy and vision.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 3 months of Co-op/Internship experience within Engineering and/or Manufacturing.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United Sates without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Jackson, MS facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'). Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience implementing Lean in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with 2D CAD drawings for layout development and creation of detailed drawings.
- Formal training/certification in Lean tools (5S, Standard work, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Setup Reduction (SUR), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Lean Material Flow (LMF) and 6 Sigma).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Power Point, Visio, Minitab (or any Statistical software).
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities.
- Experienced Lean and 6 Sigma trainer and mentor.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts.
- The selected applicant should be a fast-thinker and problem-solver.
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time