Eaton's Electrical Division has an opening for :
Senior Data Steward SCOE
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
The position ensures that all master data that need to be supplied by SCM are supplied for all ES EMEA products in a consistent way into the appropriate platforms, thereby enabling complete data supply for EWS, Order Center, Product Data Hub etc.
Finally, the position ensures that the product data is consistently managed during the NPI processes and throughout the entire life cycle of the products.
Your key deliverables :
- Harmonize the way SCOE-relevant product data are supplied across all the distributions centers in ES EMEA: Meckenheim/Germany, Brno/Czech Republic, Coalville/UK, Turkey, Ukraine, Russia, Dubai and South Africa.
- Harmonize the way SCOE-relevant product data are aligned with the distribution centers in the AMER and APAC region.
- Ensure that there is one single place for data entry for each product no matter in how many different distribution centers the product is handled, including those outside EMEA.
- Identify the data that are supplied by SCOE on behalf of the divisions but must be originated out of the supply chain processes: all measures and weights that are not manageable in the manufacturing plants.
- Identify those activities traditionally managed by SCOE that in fact are in the ownership of the divisions and drive for a change process to have the data management done in the right place, e.g. the determination of device weights to the manufacturing plant.
- Drive for changes in data management habits that can improve and ease the existing processes, e.g. the introduction of style numbers for easier clearing of stocks.
- Describe situations where inconsistent definitions of roles and rights in ERP systems hamper a sustainable and reliable data management.
- Address habits in the manufacturing plants that burden the supply chain, e.g. supply of devices that do not correspond to their specifications, e.g. devices described as packed being supplied without package.
- Drive for a better alignment of packaging units and delivery units in order to eliminate waste of resources caused by considerable manual efforts required by sale of quantities that collide with the packaging, e.g. the most sold Eaton item in the world being packaged by 50 off while the delivery unit is one.
- Address inconsistency in the unique identifiers which, as a consequence of unaligned ERP systems cause the SCOE organization to manage satellite processes.
- Define the metrics that enable the SCOE organizations to document the efficiency of its data management.
- Gradually take over the lead for local (former REGI) products traditionally managed in the CSOs without leadership in the divisions.
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on big data / data science and data warehousing– than please apply.
- Leadership experience in matrix organization. Effective cross-functional communication and leadership skills to influence across the organization and drive change
- Knowledge of end-to-end processes and impact of product data flows across different divisions (ICPD, PDD, PQED, LIFE SAFETY)
- Knowledge of MDM sub-processes taking place in the distribution centers
- Solid knowledge of the product-data-related processes: PLM, ERP and PIM, data consumption (manufacturing, transactional, analytics, publication, quotation and configuration)
- Experience with data stewardship & governance
- Solid understanding of information life cycle and data quality concepts/KPIs
- Ability to well prioritize escalations in an operational environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to anticipate, to handle both strategic and operational subjects at the same time
- Background: University degree, Engineering
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time