Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Senior Pricing Analyst to join our team in Irvine, California!
This role reports to the Pricing Manager and is responsible for gathering and evaluating data to prepare pricing for a variety of customer requests. Coordinates work requests with the site pricing teams in support of OEM new business, production, and aftermarket proposals. Receives work requests from the site Contracts, CS, PM, and other personnel. Works with Contracts and Customer Service to support customer fact finds, audits, and negotiation of government and commercial proposals. Leads the divisional pricing effort for annual commercial and military price books. Will support the proposal effort at each site, as required. In general, a person in this position will have the ability to, not only understand what is being priced, but also to anticipate and prepare for face to face or electronic meetings with customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develop recommended selling prices for new and existing products by gathering and analyzing cost information and estimates that will comprise the basis for a future cost estimate to develop an accurate, supportable proposal. (These are in response to requests written by Customer Service, Contracts, Marketing, Program Management, and others)
- Support various types of pricing related activities requested by the customer (Termination Liability Schedules, Expenditure Forecasts, Data Sweeps and Other than Cost & Pricing data)
- Assist the various departments in responding to customer "Requests for Information" regarding specific proposed questions. (This could involved pricing additional historical support as well as the ability to utilize FAR/DFARS to clarify or deny information)
- Collaborate with Contracts, Customer Service, and Product Sales Manager in price negotiations with cost/price analysis of positions etc. Prepare a post negotiation summary for presentation to management.
- Work with the Proposal Manager for sign-offs of management review and prepare negotiation objectives for management review. Properly file proposals as required by Eaton Record Retention policies and FAR.
- Apply judgement in the application of escalation, volume adjustments and other factors used in computing the recommended selling price.
- Perform special cost and pricing studies on a variety of matters, including back-up for customer requests, cost out analysis, and rate impact studies for finance.
- Assist Marketing personnel in the development of business cases for the presentation of new business proposals that require NRE investment or challenged OEM pricing that is offset by profitable aftermarket sales.
- Provide profit and margin analysis on established price lists annually and as required. In conjunction with Contracts and Customer Service, update established price lists when requested.
- Assignments would include moderate to complex proposals depending on the size of the Bill of Material, delivery schedule, total proposal value, regulation coverage, and type of product.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- 3 years experience in Pricing, Estimating or related functions in Accounting, Engineering and/or Operations
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Irvine will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Knowledge of established accounting policies, systems and procedures, product knowledge, purchasing practices, manufacturing practices
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR part 15 and FAR part 12), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and other government regulations
- Exposure to learning curves, weighted profit guidelines, and negotiation tactics
- Understanding of engineering drawings, design concepts, and methodology
- Analyze historical data, cost information, and pricing data to develop and substantiate equitable and profitable prices for our products
- Related experience in business principles, accounting principles, and concepts
- Proficiency in: MFGPro ERP system, Oracle, MS Office, site product knowledge, site manufacturing practices
- Knowledge of Government contract procedures and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Have complete command of Excel spreadsheets with ability to create and manage complex multi-worksheet spreadsheets
- Demonstrate analytical skills
- General understanding of Accounting and Finance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail is required to be successful in this position
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-departmental team
- Demonstrates the following attributes: dependable, flexible, and ability to manage multiple efforts within established commitment date
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time