Eaton’s Electrical Sector is seeking a Customer Service Manager. This position is based at our Sumter, South Carolina facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
As a Customer Service Manager, you will plan and manage the customer service activities for the Switchboard Product line including Mission Critical business. The role includes managing and overseeing the functions of these activities to effectively support the coordination of customer orders, manufacturing and delivery schedules, technical support, service issues, and other related customer concerns. This role requires frequent interaction with manufacturing, materials, engineering and purchasing to ensure resolution of known customer problems, satisfy customer needs, and maintain effective, positive business relations between the company and its customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Manage and direct order management and scheduling activities for the Switchboard Product line; manage the support functions involving order entry, scheduling, expediting, and customer service activities related to Switchboard order processing.
- Ensure customer’s orders are scheduled within the manufacturing systems (VISTA, OMS, etc.) and maintain data integrity of the master schedule.
- Manage the Switchboard setup schedule and capacity planning for the Switchboard Product line. Adjust capacity planning/scheduling by line – daily capacity numbers, weekly buckets, mixed model, etc.
- Lead Customer Service efforts for Mission Critical business. This includes scheduling released orders and planning for anticipated orders, providing updates to Project Management, rescheduling orders to satisfy the AWSD metric, and reconciling the Master Data Center Tracker to provide stakeholders with the latest information on current state of the business.
- Participate in weekly/monthly SIOP sessions. Run and review reports for Switchboard scheduled units/dollars; calculate actual lead-times and manage against quoted lead-times.
- Supervise the daily functions of the FDS Engineering team responsible for creating and editing manufacturing information.
- Accomplish department and product line objectives relative to on-time scheduling, advance warning of shipping delay, shipment confirmations, rescheduling, and other associated metrics.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and coordinate implementation of action plans to achieve improvement in productivity, reduced cycle time, and/or cost savings.
- Work closely with both internal and external suppliers and customers to facilitate timely communication and accurate information flow regarding order status.
- Motivate employees and encourage teamwork in an environment dedicated to world class customer service excelling in responsiveness, information accuracy and efficiency.
- Achieve certification in Six Sigma, ELS, or other critical tools, in order to support enterprise-wide goals for continuous improvement in EBE, ELS, EQS, or MESH assessments.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in manufacturing operations, engineering or marketing service functions
- Minimum 1 year leadership or project management experience
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Demonstrated understanding of Eaton Lean System tools and their application in front end business process improvement.
- Extensive technical and application knowledge of Switchboards
- Experience in the following system tools: Vista, Bid Manager, Panelboard Allocation System, Plant Order Manager, Mentor, OMS and other AS400 programs specific to Panelboard and Switchboard order processing.
- Demonstrated understanding of Continuous Improvement Framework
- Strong communication, organizational and computer skills
- Familiarity with scheduling, engineering, customer service functions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and with a strong emphasis on Excel
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time