Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Machinist to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Eastanollee, GA facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Set up and produce acceptable first articles, within tolerances and conditions as indicated on the blueprints, routers (RPS), and sketches, on all machinery and/or hand tooling.
- Set up and operate one or more of the following: CNC lathe, Radax, trim & roll equipment, manual lathe, CNC mill, manual mill.
- Operate sizer and hand deburr.
- Read and interpret all prints, sketches, RPS instructions, QAPs, QCPs, and all special instructions that pertain to parts processed in the area.
- Achieve and maintain self-inspection status.
- Understand when a machine or tool is not operating safety and correctly.
- Know all setup procedures, the problems that can occur, and the correct procedure to eliminate the problem.
- Properly fill out all paperwork as required and accurately input data into computer system.
- Follow all MESH processes and procedures.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Technical certificate or diploma
- Proficiency in E-docs, MFG-PRO
- Previous mechanical ability
- Strong understanding of the following measuring tools and gages: inside and outside micrometers, dial and vernier calipers, tapes, steel rules, manual optical comparator, depth gages, protractors, radius gages, profilometer, and indicators
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No