Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking an Fabrication Technician I to join our team. This position is based at our Maxwell Ave. facility in Greenwood, SC.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Run press brakes after the press brake has been set-up and/or assist while bending heavy or large parts on press brake.
- Assist in gathering all items, welded and single pieces, by shop order and monitor their location through the weld and then deliver to proper work centers.
- Work to established procedures, manufacturing information, drawings, blue prints, sketches, written or oral instructions from supervision or engineering.
- Set up and support heavy machinery, which may include weidamatics, optishear, band saws, coil machine and drill presses.
- Collect all parts to be plated and assure that proper quantities are delivered
- You will regularly lifting up to 50 lbs; pulling, pushing loads that weigh up to 100 lbs.
- Run single punch Whitney set up by others for holes not punched by hard tooling or drill fixture and operate punch press for production.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous experience running manual presses, shear machines, bend, punch, cutoff, and iron worker machining centers.
- Previous experience using overhead cranes and fork lifts to move material.
- Ability to read and interpret sheet steel fabrication drawings
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No