Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Engineering Administrator to join our team. This position is based at our Aurora, CO facility.
The primary function of this role will be to accurately create BOMs and Routings for standard product and product releases in SAP
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Accurately create bill of materials for standard product and product releases in SAP.
- Set up new part numbers in SAP by working closely with purchasing, vendors and accounting.
- Update existing bill of materials, routings and material masters when changes are necessary.
- Be able to efficiently search the system for where parts are used.
- Actively analyze BOMs during creation and look for better ways to organize or simplify product structure tree.
- Upload and attach documents of different formats directly to materials in Enterprise Systems.
- Must have strong attention to detail, maintain document control processes, ECN releases.
- Identify cost savings projects, complete these projects from start to finish on time and within budget.
- Support the Customer Service department with answers to technical questions with regard to product data in SAP.
- Assist in training key Assembly, Planning, Sales, Customer Service and Purchasing personnel on new product introductions.
- Participate in the ongoing SAP implementation project and other cross functional projects as directed.
- Must be enthusiastic about product data management and organization.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 2 years’ product and manufacturing experience or equivalent relevant knowledge.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Aurora, CO. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Prior project management experience a plus.
- 2 years of MRP functional knowledge experience including applications technology and data architecture.
- Experience with SAP and creating Bills of Materials
- Experience within the lighting or electrical manufacturing industry preferred.
- 5 years product and manufacturing experience or equivalent relevant knowledge
Position Success Criteria:
- Comfortable with technology and has a strong working knowledge of MS office suite and SAP.
- Must be able to observe, evaluate, summarize and communicate effectively.
- Must have an analytical and process-driven approach, with a high attention to detail.
- Capability in multi-tasking, including prioritization of work and management / organization of time.
- Superb influencing / negotiation skills and ability to influence for results without hierarchical authority.
- Strong managerial courage and ability to work through resistance and pushback to change.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills to interface with managers, vendors, customers and peers.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks against deadlines.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No