Job Title: Senior Technician -Test Lab
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Technician -Test Lab in Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role will be responsible to perform testing and provide assistance to engineering personnel to setup, install and on-time completion of accurate product testing in accordance with specific test procedures as defined by the product engineering function at Hydraulics Group engineering divisions globally. The position requires to :
a) Perform test setups in completion of specific and standard test processes for Hydraulics components
b) Complete test requests according to specified test requests with minimal down time
c) Communicate test programs with test lab peers appropriately to clarify status of testing and the observation of results for ongoing tests
d) Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within group and with other groups in facility to ensure a safe working environment
e) Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab that is a showpiece for customer visits. Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose
Your essential responsibilities:
1. Report mechanical assembly issues related to test components & test equipment to peers in the lab in a timely manner
2. Observe and inform elementary product and test problems to seniors in the lab for corrective actions as necessary to ensure continuous testing
3. Ability to fix any minor issues with test rigs and lab and work with his peer engineer to improve or develop any new methods solving the issues
4. Reading and understanding fixture drawings and/or product drawings to address assembly & inspection issues during testing
5. Follow safety and 5S practices to maintain safe and clean work environment
6. Ensure timely support for TPM activities in line to the established schedule to minimize down time
7. Work with engineers within group to define and perform custom testing as requested by customer
If you are:
· Diploma in Mechanical / Systems / Controls Engineering / Mechatronics / Aerospace / electromagnetics / electromechanical actuation / advanced actuation / mechanisms
· Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 0-3 years of experience with relevant hands on experience in R&D Testing
· Past experience in Aerospace / Hydraulic products R&D testing is most desirable
· Awareness of testing basics i.e. test rigs, data acquisition, inspection etc.
· Awareness and experience in following Safety & Quality Management Practices
· Understanding about sensors, electronic components of DAQ & control software i.e. PLC & LabVIEW etc.
· Experience in supporting TPM for R&D lab test equipment machinery and experience in ISO 9001:2008, deployment to meet quality objectives will be an added advantage
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time