The Vice President, Controller, Americas is one of the top financial leadership roles in the ~$7.5B Americas Region within the Electrical Sector. The individual in this role will have the opportunity to work with the Americas Region Leadership Team, the Americas Region financial leadership team, and the Electrical Sector and Corporate finance teams.
This role will be responsible for providing leadership to the Americas Region finance organization (Group/Region VP, Division Finance Directors and Plant Controllers) in conforming to corporate financial policies, legal requirements and GAAP. This individual will drive process improvements within the finance organization, create and implement policies and procedures to improve the control environment and provide increased transparency of results. The role is also responsible for providing guidance and support in consolidating, reporting and analyzing monthly results, forecasts and plans. Additionally, this individual must provide insightful business analyses to senior management to support the development of objectives and action plans to achieve those objectives.
- Assure the existence and competency of financial systems and procedures to comply with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley requirements, and corporate policies and procedures to guarantee the integrity of financial reporting. Demonstrates ability to drive process improvements: detecting the need for change, proactively gathering requirements, designing and developing processes, implementing change, and stabilizing process changes to deliver on stake-holders critical requirements.
- Provide guidance and support in reviewing and analyzing monthly results and forecasts, including appropriate commentary to the Group/Region, Sector and Corporate leadership teams. Highlight areas of concern and recommend improvement actions.
- Perform special analyses to support strategic business decision making. This can include financial analysis in support of strategic initiatives, capital investments, changing business models, acquisition activity, make vs. buy analysis, pricing models, etc.
- Recommend, review and provide input to Corporate and Sector on changes to Financial Policies and Procedures. Lead the development of Americas Region specific policies where required.
- Leads the development of the Americas Region’s strategic plan financials, annual profit plan and monthly closing and rolling forecasts.
- Interface actively with the Division finance leaders, Sector and Corporate finance teams (tax, audit, treasury, etc.) and Americas Region Senior Leadership Team.
- Leads operating reviews with the Americas Region Senior Leadership Team and Electrical Sector Leadership. Support requirements of auditors as needed.
- Develops and manages key monthly financial processes to include month-end closing, forecasting and planning.
- Provide leadership to the Americas Region finance organization in recruiting and developing top talent. Coach, sponsor and mentor high potentials within the organization. Act as a change agent in support of an inclusive culture with a diverse workforce.
- Evaluates capital appropriation request and works with the Divisions to ensure documents meet all Corporate requirements and clearly articulate capital requirements and associated benefits to the organization.
- Manages the Americas HQ accounting and all costs associated with the Americas leadership, Cherrington facility, NAS allocations, and any other costs for the Americas organization.
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 10 years of broad financial experience within manufacturing organizations.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business (MBA)
- Plant finance experience preferred.
- Experience leading finance for large multi-profit center business ($1B+) and/or finance experience working in another region of the world
- Experience in leveraging corporate functions and shared services or leadership assignment in Corporate or shared services.
- Breadth of experience, including: Driving both an organic and inorganic growth agenda, leading through a financial downturn and related restructuring, contributing toward successful complex commercial transactions
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in accounting, financial management, and business strategy.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills. Ability to establish cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to effectively diagnose problems and develop solutions.
- Strong US GAAP knowledge required.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Passion for business and ability to drive change
- Good oral and written communication skills in English (required)
- Strong leadership ability and coaching skills
- Strong collaboration and team building skills
- Strong presentation skills required and ability to communicate upward
- Works well under pressure and good at managing multiple tasks within demanding timelines
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time