Eaton’s B- Line Division is currently seeking a Truck Driver to join our team. This position is based at our Highland, IL facility.
The Semi-Truck Driver will be responsible for using a truck to transport goods from one Eaton plant to another within the Southeastern Illinois area, primarily between Highland, Troy, and Pinckneyville.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Move product between all Highland, Troy, and Pinckneyville Illinois plants.
- Move product to and from our co-packers, outsource locations, and to customers.
- Move flatbeds and vans.
- Maneuver tractor and trailer in tight quarters.
- Verify serial numbers of units with paperwork.
- Complete daily driver log.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) required
- A high school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is required from an accredited institution
- The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Must be able to operate stick shift vehicles
- Must have a clean driving record
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time