Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an IT Manager – Web Platforms for our Information Platform Architecture Center of Excellence (IPACOE) team. The Web Platforms Manager is responsible for the strategy and operation of a variety of large scale global Enterprise IT software platforms. This person will lead a team of business analysts, system architects, and developers in the planning, implementation and operation of Eaton’s core web delivery systems. These systems are the foundation for Eaton’s external partner facing website (Eaton.com) and the authentication gateway for customer and supplier access to Eaton’s online applications and electronic content (My Eaton). This person is also responsible for the project pipeline as it relates to incoming assignments impacting the Intranet platform in addition to the externally facing websites. As a manager of people, responsibilities include building and motivating a team and managing and evaluating team deliverables. This leader will partner with business customers, engage external suppliers and drive Eaton IT collaboration to deliver business critical systems leveraging their content management platforms. This position is based at our Eaton Center in Beachwood, Ohio; no relocation is being offered. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as an IT Manager – Web Platforms you will be responsible for:
- Partnering with business teams as well as global and regional IT managers to identify opportunities for meeting Eaton’s business and strategic objectives. Reviewing and promoting adoption of current technology trends; recommends process improvements. You will market the successful use of Eaton standard content management system.
- Providing technical leadership for several large and complex projects, often in parallel. Consults with corporate, business unit management teams and global regional IT managers to develop, define, and prioritize work and project requests. Serves as a customer interface for all projects related to assigned functional/technical area.
- Developing clear, concise, verifiable and traceable requirements and project definitions, including business case and budget development. Manages customer expectations. Plans and leads requirements and project reviews. Identifies conflicting technical and business practices and integration issues, suggesting alternative solutions.
- Being an expert within technical and functional areas of responsibilities. Leverages expertise to architect, implement and support key centralized application infrastructures. Analyzes approaches and solutions in terms of Eaton business and IT Strategic fit. Reviews system and project designs and makes recommendations. Remains abreast of web content management, agile delivery methods, and other software platform advances and recommends improvements based on emerging technologies.
- Developing initiatives to improve technical, business and computing processes. Establishing standard process for designing and executing regression and load related testing. Plans and manages releases and major IT project implementations for managed platforms.
- Communicating frequently and effectively with internal and external customers. Analyzes and monitors production support teams in order to identify areas for improvement. Works globally with the Corporate IT and Business Group infrastructure teams to implement changes. Proactively identifies areas where improvements can be made to prevent production problems and ensure critical data reliability, performance and availability. Provides an understanding of both technology and business concepts and is able to articulate business processes.
- Taking a leadership role in user groups, representing Eaton at meetings and conferences. Establishes the necessary training and development to maintain a highly effective, competent staff. Counsels subordinates in career path development, process improvement, and skill development. Prepares and manages performance measurement and evaluation of subordinates. May develop and submit department and capital budgets for the IT department. Manages all IT costs within scope of control.
- Participating in benchmarking and comparison to industry standards to continuously improve the activities of the IT department. Operates in conjunction with Enterprise IT, and ensures compliance to Eaton Enterprise I.T. standards. Works closely with other Business Groups to leverage and promote uniformity and standards to maximize the benefit of limited resources.
- Building, developing, and managing an organization of highly talented Architects, Administrators, Application infrastructure and system programing professionals driving Eaton’s business information requirements and technical objectives.
- Providing technical expertise and assistance on all CM software related design issues or problems and ensures solution delivery and complex issue resolution.
- Establishing process leveraging metrics and monitoring to ensure proactive world class Enterprise software platform performance and capacity planning.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in and managing web based delivery platforms.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must have formal training or practical experience in most or all of the following: Web based application design and information architecture; Responsive web design; Enterprise software administration; Java application programming; Unix/Linux based system programing; Enterprise software architecture; Performance and capacity planning.
- Broad knowledge of information technology capabilities and characteristics, software programming and applications, data base technology, LDAP technologies, integration and data migration, hardware/software administration along with Enterprise IT standards and procedures
- Knowledge of Adobe web delivery platforms (Adobe Experience Manager)
- Must have management/administrative knowledge including project management, cost estimating, personnel coaching, discipline, and evaluations, budgeting and cost management, and solid inter-personal skills.
- Must possess the ability to work closely with external suppliers and consultants to implement a wide array of projects.
- Must have experience designing and deploying processes and technology to protect intellectual property.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time