- Manage contract activities related to delegation of work assignments, provide contractual guidance and support to APAC contract management team and staff members, coordinate with responsible BU attorneys on important legal issues and assist APAC Electrical Sector Senior Counsel on any specific legal projects or matters.
- Provide advice and counseling to Eaton Electrical Sector APAC on all aspects of legal issues, including disputes on labor, contract, product liabilities, infringements, inquires on applicable laws/regulations, etc.
- Handle high profile legal activities with cross-functional ramifications, such as litigation, arbitration, settlement negotiation
- Provide services and central coordination for Eaton’s Electrical Sector APAC regarding written contracts, negotiations, training, policies and procedures for supply of goods and services.
- Coordinate any contractual services in support of other organizations such as plants and Supply Chain in their purchasing needs.
- Represents Eaton in high-level external and internal customer bid and contract negotiations.
Must demonstrate sound judgment in satisfactorily resolving all contractual issues in accordance with Eaton’s Code of Ethics and Anti-Corruption Policy, the Sector’s Limits of Authority risk mitigation policy, and external customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in law with PRC bar and working experience with a multinational law firm or company are required. MBA or an LLM or JD degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience ideally with a major law firm and in a public or private company setting with experience of having worked with MNCs in greater China/APAC
- Possess technical and legal knowledge of selling and purchasing activities of a business, manage resolution of complex contractual issues including the drafting of contractual language, possess broad knowledge base of commercial and governmental laws and regulations.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills along with competency in persuasion/influence skills, demonstrates ability to effectively interface with high level management, internal and external customers;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point software packages.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time