Eaton’s Marketing Commercial Operations Division is currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our team. This position can be based in our Arden, NC location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Technical Support Engineer provides technical support for Industrial Control and Circuit Protection Components, including motor starters and contactors, soft starters, control relays, motor overload protection products, pilot devices and molded case circuit breakers. This position also provides technical support for Residential Products including loadcenters, circuit breakers, group metering and Commercial and Industrial Power Distribution Components including dry type transformers and switching devices (safety switches, rotary switches). Additionally, it supports Wiring devices products including lighting controls, Arc Fault and Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters and home automation products. Technical support includes assisting customers with product selection, troubleshooting, and application assistance received via phone, email and chat.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide pre and post-sale technical support by analyzing inquiries and recommending solutions to meet the customers’ needs
- Effectively communicate product value proposition and product line strategies
- Assist the team in improving business processes and electronic tools
- Serve on special teams and work on projects to enhance team performance and customer satisfaction
- Help the team meet or exceed team metrics, ability to accomplish complex tasks utilizing a variety of resources
- Leverage information to provide professional customer support
- Rotational work hours including 8:00am – 5:00pm and 9:00am – 6:00pm
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field/mechanical or electrical engineering
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only