Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking an Assembler on our weekend shift to join our team. The position is based at our Aurora, CO facility.
In this shift you will work three 12 hour shifts. (Fri, Sat, Sun 6am-6:30pm) Though you will work 36 hours per week, you will be compensated for a 40 hour work week.
The primary function of the Assembler I is to read and understand work orders as well as assemble, test, and inspect light fixtures and individual components. This position works as part of a cell assembly team to ensure that daily production, quality, and safety goals are met.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. . It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
In this function you will:
- Assemble, wire, inspect, test and package fixtures via an assembly line or workbench process.
- Perform quality checks consistent with the inspection and control plans.
- Perform inventory/replenish parts to assembly stations.
- Maintain equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner and maintain the 5S+ Check sheet.
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School education or equivalent (i.e., diploma or GED) from an accredited institution required.
- Must be able to work in the US without Company sponsorship.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Aurora, CO in order to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Prior manufacturing experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends with advanced notice.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Attention to detail and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities.
- Ability to perform all job functions in adherence to Eaton’s philosophy and values, policies as well as the Environmental, Health and Safety standards.
- Technical aptitude (ability to read wiring diagrams and other technical drawings).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No